December is just great, especially when you get an advents calendar. I mean think about it, one surprise every day building up momentum and excitement for Christmas. Many people still believe that AI is up there and only for the very complicated projects and that you need a lot of money to do anything with it. But they’re wrong. This app only cost me $250, see for yourself in this episode.
The “Marketing & Operations” team at Microsoft Switzerland had the idea to build an Advents calendar to give some nice give aways into the hands of all employees and vendors who work every day at Microsoft. The app is simple. It gives you a daily challenge where you need to mimic a face impression randomly assigned to you. If Microsoft Cognitive services can match the emotion in your face impression with a confidence of 60% or higher, you automatically participate in the daily raffle. Then at a specified time, the application picks a winner of the day.
- Fiverr.com: https://www.fiverr.com/
- Gaurang, developer who made my application: https://www.fiverr.com/gaurangkorant
- Azure Cognitive Services “Emotion API”: https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/services/cognitive-services/emotion/
- Azure Cosmos DB: https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/services/cosmos-db
- Azure free account: https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/free/